I don’t remember a time when I couldn’t read; books have always been the lenses through which I view the world. The Book, the Word, the Light, brings into being my very faculty of sight. Some books are corrective glasses, clearing up distortions and bringing into focus all things needful for me to see. Others are binoculars, extending my field of vision to identify far off things of which I would otherwise have only blurry glimpses. Certain books are microscopes, showing me minute particulars which despite their seeming smallness are of vital significance. Still others are telescopes, directing my gaze past this finite world to wonders of the great Beyond. Some books are windows, letting light and air into the rooms in which I am too apt to shut myself up. And some are mirrors, holding up before me the honest reflection of my true self which I would not otherwise see.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm moving!

Hello, friends. I've just launched a new website, expanding on what I've been doing here. In addition to reviews, the new site features a bookstore and a quotes section. In order to consolidate and streamline, I'll be publishing all my future book reviews there (as well as integrating the ones already posted here - nothing will be lost). Please come along and join me at www.booksbybecka.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment